Friday, July 1, 2016

Yorkie Yorkie Pug: a Triptych

Although I've painted multiple oil portrait paintings for the same customer, I've not painted a triptych (a set of 3 associated artistic, literary, or musical works intended to be appreciated together --or separately). I'm not sure how other painters approach it, but I decided to paint the backgrounds in unison (back & forth and back & forth) thinking that this would help lend a certain consistency throughout. I decided this wasn't really necessary (and in fact was a bit of a pain). When I ran out of a certain color mixture on my palette, it was easy enough to mix more, as long as I retained a spot of that color for matching.

Here are the girls together:
Triptych oil paintings of Mia, Gracie & Mimi

And each girl in their separate oil portrait:
MIA, long-haired Yorkie

GRACIE, short-haired Yorkie


MIMI, Pug

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at puciArt :) I'd love to hear your pet stories & art thoughts! (I'll be OK'ing your comments before they are posted to eliminate any possible spam.)